Friday, December 26, 2008

October in Boston

Hello everyone. I just wanted to tell you about our trip to Boston in October since I am trying to catch up. We went there just for a few days because some good friends of ours had their baby daughter baptized. The wife is Catholic and the husband is Jewish. So, they had their daughter baptized in an Episcopalian church. Our friends are fun that way.

After the service, we all walked to the Hampshire House for brunch. The Hampshire House is similar to the Lion House in Salt Lake for those who may be familiar with that city. It is a historic landmark that hosts a variety of receptions and events. It is also the site of the original "Cheers" bar in the basement that was the inspiration for the sitcom with the same title. Boston is an amazing city. I can't get enough of it.

After brunch, we headed down to the Museum of Natural History to catch a DUCK tour. If you have ever been to Boston, you know what I'm talking about. If you ever go, an excellent way to see Boston is on a DUCK tour. The DUCKs are renovated World War II amphibious landing vehicles. I was a bit worried about splashing down into the Charles River with such an old vehicle and two small children, but the bus/boat was equipped with life jackets, so I wasn't too worried.


This is a picture of Dillon driving the DUCK on the water. We were way out in the middle of the river when the conDUCKtor let him drive. No one on the bus seemed to mind.
I caught Dillon's delight as we splashed down. Jeremy didn't know what was going on. He was just trying to catch a nap on Daddy's lap.

Boston is a great city for little boys because it has an airport, trains, subways, taxis, buses, boats, diggers, cranes, infamous tunnels, hotels built over the interstate... everything. Seeing certain cities through the eyes of a four and two year old makes everything exciting.

No comments: