Sunday, March 30, 2008

Welcome To Our Blog



Welcome to the Smith Family Blog. Geoff helped me set it up this afternoon. It was on his (unofficial) weekend 'honey do list.' This is for all the family members and friends who take an interest in our semi-functional family life. Hopefully, I will be able to figure all of this blogging stuff out and post regularly. Geoff has accused me of (and I'm inclined to agree) being a technophobe. So, wish me luck.

Oh, and this picture is of Geoff holding Dillon and Jeremy on Easter Sunday last week. We didn't have much time to get pictures because they wanted to change out of their clothes and hunt for easter eggs. We do what we can.

Another reason that I've created this blog is that I often tell people the funny little things that my children do and they keep telling me to write them down. So, this if my forum for such stories.

Here is a cute one. About a month ago I made lunch for Dillon, Jeremy and myself. Dillon was flying a few of his little matchbox airplanes around and insisted on landing three of them on the kitchen island before he could sit down to eat. Just for the record, the living room coffee table was the 'airport of origination.' Sometimes the dining room table is the 'airport of destination' and Dillon loaths laundry days because that table is my folding laundry table. Anyway, Dillon flew and landed three of his airplanes on the kitchen island, determined that they were going to remain at that 'airport' for awhile, and finally sat down to eat.

I also must begin our blog with a story about Jeremy. Occasionally he gets plugged up. I am better at handling that than I was with Dillon. Let's just say that Jeremy gets a lot of prune juice in his diet. On one plugged up day a few weeks ago, he was taking a bath. I had given him two bath toys to play with and then left the bathroom for a minute to do something else. When I returned, Jeremy had just thrown both of the bath toys out of the tub. Then, he bent down and picked up something else that was in the tub and threw it out also. It took me a minute to realize that Jeremy had pooped and then thrown it out. Geoff and I are raising a monkey. It is a good thing that I can wash my bathroom rugs. Dillon has pooped in the tub in times past, but not as much as Jeremy. I guess Jeremy is my tub pooper. He's going to love reading about this when he gets older. Oh well. As I mentioned before, that was just a few weeks ago and it wasn't the most recent tub poop incident either. That kid must love the warm water more than his diaper.

No comments: