Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Kids Are Talking

Geoff is out of town, so we'll see if I can post this by myself. Last night while both kids were screaming at me, Geoff told me on the phone that he had to stay in Kansas another day because of personnel issues he was trying to smooth out. Argh! We're just happy that he is gainfully employed in a job that he (usually) enjoys.

Jeremy can now say Dillon's name. I was out in public with both of them yesterday and Dillon was threatening to wander off. I called out his name and then so did Jeremy! I was so surprised. He is 16 months old and I think he is brillant. Of course, I'm his mother. Just for the record, Jeremy can also say mama, dada, baba (his mommy's milk), night night, bye, thank you, kay (okay), tickle, socks, pants and, of course the mother of all toddler words, noooooooooo!

Dillon made an observation last month that will become the stuff of legends in the Smith family. We were all talking about how Dillon is becoming a big kid because he just had his 4th birthday and that has been a popular topic in our house. Anyway, over dinner one night Dillon said, "I am getting bigger. Jeremy is getting bigger too. Daddy is getting bigger too. Mommy is getting smaller." We all got a big laught out of that. I promise that I did not put him up to that.

No comments: