Monday, April 14, 2008

Easter Thoughts

This Easter Geoff and I talked to Dillon more about the holiday than we have in years past. He is now old enough to remember past holidays, birthday parties, etc. and look forward to upcoming festivities and seasons. We talked to Dillon about the Easter Bunny leaving plastic eggs full of candy, wearing nice clothes to church and how much Jesus Christ loves us. I'm sure that Geoff and I must have confused Dillon with the relationship between the Easter Bunny and Jesus. Anyway, that Sunday night we sat down with Dillon for our Family Night and explained the crucifixion and resurrection to him. At first, I was hesitant to show Dillon the picture of Christ on the cross. But I also showed him Christ being buried and then Christ as a resurrected being. Geoff and I had Dillon's full attention (for once) and he studied the pictures with much interest. We explained the Christ's spirit left his body and then his spirit entered into his body when he was resurrected and now he is alive again. Geoff and I also explained that he died because he loves us. Dillon still remembers that Family Night and talks about how Christ died and now he is alive again. We pass an old cemetery on the way to his preschool and that reminds Dillon about Jesus. I have so much to teach Dillon and Jeremy about Christ and the Atonement. That is a difficult subject for anyone to understand. For now, I am just grateful for the Atonement and that I can use it in my life to become a better person and I know that Christ loves me and everyone in my family and he understands us and our needs.

No comments: