Sunday, July 13, 2008

Static Cling

Last week we all traveled to Colorado to visit Geoff's parents for the 4th of July. We had a wonderful time and the kids had lots of fun getting to know Grandma and Grandpa Smith better. We will soon post some pictures of our journey. Of course, since we were on vacation I, once again, lost track of posting. I just wanted to let you all know about something Dillon learned this week.

I took the kids to the playground on Thursday for a bit. That was our only outing that day because we were all jet lagged and I was catching up on laundry. You moms know the drill... Anyway, I try to get Dillon and Jeremy out to play most days and so we went to a park by our house. The humidity was low that day for Connecticut and Dillon's hair was sticking straight up as he slid down a slide. Dillon soon learned that when he touched my hand as he slid down the slide, that he could shock both of us. It was cute and we learned that Dillon didn't even have to touch me, just get very close to my hand, to shock me. We talked about static cling and electricity for a bit. Dillon just wanted to keep shocking me. Evidently, this is an amazing discovery for a 4-year-old. I look forward to many more discoveries with Dillon.

1 comment:

ProudPapa said...

A budding Ben Franklin! The good news is that he's growing and devloping faster than we can keep up. The bad news is that he's growing and developing faster than we can keep up.