Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Bouncing off the Walls
I now understand what the term 'bouncing off the walls' means because I have seen it for myself. I thought I knew what it was before I had a four year old, but no. Watching Dillon grow up has been an eye opening experience for Geoff and myself. The first time I saw Dillon bounce off the walls, he was literal shuffling from the pantry to the kitchen wall to the kitchen island to a chair and back to the pantry in no apparent path. Dillon looked and sounded like a ball in the (kitchen) pin ball machine. Jeremy wanted to be in on the action because almost everything Dillon does is interesting a cool to him, but Jeremy had to play 'dodge Dillon' to keep from getting run over. My first thought was 'Oops, I shouldn't have let Dillon eat so many fig newtons.' Half a package of fig newtons quickly disappeared during snack time shortly before this burst of energy and I know that Jeremy only ate a few. But, I saw this same behavior a few days later with no sugary snack before the bouncing. What is a mother of two little boys to do? I try to keep Dillon busy, but he wears me out in the process. A good little boy is a sleeping little boy. That is one of the reasons I signed Dillon up for summer school. For almost three full weeks, Dillon gets four hours each day of playtime both inside and outside, sprinkler time, snack time and lunch time while I get some peace and quiet. I pick Dillon up and he is exhausted. We are both happy. I find it interesting to note that in his summer school class of seventeen children, only three are girls. All the moms need a break.:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh great! Now I know what I have to look forward to. I hope Jeremy is learning to hold his own! Summer school sounds like a great idea, I'll remember that!
Post a Comment