First of all, sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I was getting ready for vacation, then we went on vacation, then we returned and I tried to get things back to normal after vacation... Vacation is too much work. I will try to post more regularly. Somehow I missed the whole month of May. Time flies when you're chasing two little boys constantly. Anyway, back to those two cute boys.
The other day, I gave Dillon three tortilla chips during lunch. He wanted five chips and figured out on his fingers that to have five chips, I needed to give Dillon two more chips. I was so surprised that I rewarded him and gave Dillon exactly what he asked for. Geoff had been trying to teach Dillon this concept of how many more he would need for the desired number of chips, strawberries, etc. last week. I thought Geoff was being too hard on Dillon and expecting too much. Was I wrong! Dillon is such a smart boy. We are both so proud of him.
Jeremy just turned 18 months old a few weeks ago which means that he is old enough for Nursery at church. I had been taking Jeremy in for some play time in the weeks before his 18 month birthday to help him get adjusted. Once he was old enough, Geoff took Jeremy to Nursery at the appointed time so that there would be less separation anxiety. He eventually returned to Sunday School without Jeremy and reported that Jeremy was doing fine when he left. We both breathed a sign of relief and sat together without anyone crawling on our lap or trying to run away from us. We listened to the lesson and I could rest for a moment. It was wonderful. We picked Jeremy up at the end of church and the Nursery teachers said that he did great the whole time. I'm so excited.
Both of our children are moving on to new development phases and it is fun to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment